Chicken Tikka / Grilled Chicken Tikka - Easy Video Recipe
Here comes the ever popular and famous party appetizer recipe, Chicken tikka. This classic Indian dish is truly irresistable and makes an authentic combo with homemade breads like chapati, roti, naan, etc. Making your own chicken tikka at home is not so tricky. In this easy recipe, the boneless chicken chunks are marinated with yoghurt & in special flavorful spices and then grilled on oven. It makes a lipsmacking platter for parties & get-together. Get this video recipe of grilled chicken tikka and enjoy a healthy version of your favorite dish.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Boneless chicken - 350 g
- Yoghurt - 1/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly pwd - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken tikka masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Red food color (optional) - a pinch
- Sliced coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Onion cubed - 1 cup
- Capsicum (green, red, orange, yellow) - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Wash and cube chicken to bite sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, turmeric pwd, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chilly pwd, garam masala pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, chicken tikka masala pwd, food color, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Add cubed onion and capsicum slices.
- Combine well so that the masala gets coated well with chicken & veggies.
- Allow to marinate overnight in refrigerator or minimum 4 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 mins to avoid burning of sticks.
- Now insert chicken, onion and capsicum slices alternatively in the bamboo stick.
- Grease oil in the grill.
- Arrange the skewers in the grill and bash with oil.
- Keep the grill in microwave and set the oven in "micro+grill"
- Set the timer for 10 mins and allow to grill in the microwave oven.
- Take it out and check if the chicken is done.
- Flip the tikka to other side and bash with oil.
- Grill for another 3 to 4 mins or until charred.
- Lipsmacking delicious grilled chicken tikka is ready.
- Enjoy hot with any dip of your choice.