Sweet Pongal / Chakkarai Pongal / Sakkarai Pongal - Video Recipe
Festival Season is round the corner & its time to relish the healthy lipsmacking delicacies. Sweet pongal ( chakrai pongal or sakkarai pongal) is an auspicious dish prepared for neivedyam to Lord. Its very quick and easy to prepare sweet and it also makes a very nutritious dish for kids. Check out this easy version of this popular South Indian delicacy and enjoy the yummy taste.
Video Recipe Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal (yellow) - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 3 & 1/2 cups
- Cashew - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 10
- Saffron strands to garnish
- Wash & soak raw rice in water for 5 mins.
- Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat ghee in frypan.
- Add cashew and raisins, roast to golden.
- Drain and set aside along with ghee.
- Add moongdal to frypan.
- Saute till golden.
- Add the moong dal to raw rice.
- Add milk and water.
- Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Meanwhile heat jaggery in a pan.
- Add water and stir to dissolve.
- Once the jaggery water turns thick syrup, turn off flame.
- Strain to remove impurities.
- Keep aside.
- Once the pressure goes off from pressure cooker, mash the contents.
- Add little water and mash it to smooth mixture.
- Heat the jaggery syrup in pan and add the rice dal mixture.
- Stir to mix.
- Sprinkle cardamom pwd and golden roasted cashew & raisins.
- Add ghee and combine.
- Lipsmacking delicious chakarai pongal is ready.
- Enjoy hot with saffron garnishing.