Shankarpali / Sweet Diamond Cuts / Easy Video Recipe
Sweet Diamond CutsToday I am here to share with you a highly addictive & tasty snack which is very popularly prepared during Festivals. Sweet Shankarpali or diamond cuts is a recipe for sweet lovers. The crispy flattened maida biscuits makes a crunchy snack along with mild sweetness. This can be prepared very easily at home with all purpose flour and sugar. My mom used to prepare during my childhood days and we had a special craze for this tasty snack. Check out this simple video recipe and enjoy the festive moments.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Maida (all purpose flour) - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Semolina (sooji or rava) - 2 tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Add 150 ml of hot water to mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve completely.
- Add cardamom pwd and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add maida flour little by little and knead to smooth thick dough.
- Add rawa, oil and butter and knead.
- The dough should be in thick consistency.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Take a ball and dust it with flour.
- Roll it to flat thin disc.
- Slice it to diamond shape as shown in video.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add the diamond cuts in batches.
- Deep fry in medium flame until the diamond cuts turn golden & crispy.
- Drain in kitchen tissue.
- Crispy munchy delicious Sweet diamond cuts are ready.
- Pairs up excellent with evening piping hot cup of coffee.