Ribbon Pakoda / Ola Pakoda / Diwali Snacks - Video Recipe
Ribbon PakodaRibbon Pakoda or Ola Pakoda is a popular traditional South Indian savory snack that plays a prominent role during festivals like Diwali, Krishna Jayanthi, etc. It is also a famous tea time snack in India. This super snack recipe needs rice flour, besan flour, fried gram flour and mild spices like red chilly pwd and hing. Its absolutely quick & very easy to prepare. It not only tastes great, its also very healthy snack for kids. Check out this simple video recipe and enjoy the upcoming festive season.
- Raw rice flour - 1 cup
- Besan flour ( kadalai maavu or gram flour ) - 1/4 cup
- Fried gram flour (pottukadalai maavu) - 1/4 cup
- Red chilly pwd - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Hing / asafetida / perungayam - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Keep raw rice flour ready.
- Add fried gram (pottukadalai) to blender and grind to smooth pwd.
- Sieve to remove any lumps.
- Add rice flour in mixing bowl.
- To it add fried gram pwd, besan flour (kadalai maavu / gram flour), red chilly pwd, hing and salt.
- Combine together.
- Add water little by little and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Add butter and knead good.
- The consistency of the batter shouldn't be too watery or very thick. The consistency should be like as shown in the video.
- Clean and grease the ribbon pakoda mould with oil.
- Take a small portion of the dough and stuff in mould.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Press the mould directly on hot oil in concentric circles.
- Keep the flame in medium heat and deep fry.
- Flip it once in while to ensure even cooking.
- Once the ribbon pakoda turns golden and crispy on both sides, remove from oil.
- Drain and reserve.
- Crispy and healthy delicious Ribbon pakoda is ready.
- Store in airtight container for long shelf life.