Rava Kesari / Sooji Halwa - Easy Video Recipe
Here goes yet another famous Indian dessert Rava Kesari sweet to celebrate the festival season. It is prepared with rava ( sooji or semolina) ghee, sugar and dry fruits. It is the easiest sweet recipe that can be prepared in few minutes. Also this sweet makes a quick fix dessert when you have surprise guests at home. Try this fail proof recipe and enjoy the lump free melt in your mouth Rava kesari dessert.
- Rava / sooji - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cashew - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 8
- Cardamom pwd - a pinch
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
- Orange food color - a pinch
- Saffron strands & almond pieces to garnish
- Heat ghee in frypan.
- Add cashewnuts and raisins, roast to golden.
- Drain and reserve.
- Add rava / sooji.
- Roast in low flame for few minutes.
- Add hot water and allow the rava to cook.
- Once the rava is cooked, add sugar and combine.
- Wait till the kesari thickens.
- Now add kesari pwd (orange food color)
- Add cardamom pwd and stir.
- Add golden roasted cashew and raisins.
- Add vanilla essence and combine.
- Stir good.
- Once the kesari thickens & come to halwa consistency, turn off flame. ( take care the kesari thickens on cooling)
- Garnish with saffron strands and grated almond.
- Lipsmacking authentic delicious Rava Kesari is ready.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.