Paal Payasam / Rice Kheer / Milk Kheer - Easy Video Recipe
Paal PayasamToday am sharing a very famous and delicious payasam recipe, Paal Payasam. This classic dessert is very simple to prepare and the main ingredients are milk, rice, sugar and ghee. Its rightly called as King of Payasam due to its rich, creamy sweet taste & is prepared on festivals and special occasions. Try this sweetened milk rice pudding at your home.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Milk - 1 litre
- Basmati Rice - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cashew - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 10
- Sugar - 150 g ( or as needed)
- Cardamom pwd - a generous pinch
- Saffron - few strands
- Heat a frypan.
- Add basmati rice and dry roast for few minutes.
- Allow to cool and grind in blender to coarse pwd.
- Add it to pressure cooker and add 1/2 litre milk.
- Mix well and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles or until the rice is cooked soft.
- Once the pressure goes off, open the lid.
- Mash the rice by adding little water and keep aside.
- In a fry pan, heat ghee.
- Add cashew, raisins and roast to golden.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Now add the remaining 1/2 litre milk and allow to boil.
- When the milk is hot, add the cooked and mashed rice.
- Stir well to mix.
- Let it boil in low flame for few minutes.
- Add sugar and combine.
- Sprinkle cardamom pwd and golden roasted cashew and raisins.
- Turn off flame.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Garnish with roasted cashew, raisins and saffron strands.
- Lipsmacking delicious Paal Payasam is ready.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.