Gajar Halwa / Carrot Halwa - Easy Video Recipe
Carrot HalwaJoyous festive moments are around the corner and hope you'll have geared up to prepare homemade healthy, quick & easy sweets & crispy munchy savories. Today am sharing one of the rich Indian dessert Gajar ka halwa (carrot halwa) recipe. It is prepared with fresh carrots, ghee, milk, sugar & flavored with cardamom and nuts. Its absolutely easy to cook and tastes lipsmacking delicious with all the goodness of carrot & milk. Check out this simple video recipe to make gajar halwa at home & enjoy the creamy taste & texture.
- Carrot grated - 2 cups
- Ghee - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Broken cashew & almonds - 2 tbsp
- Grate Carrot to fine shreds.
- Break cashew and almonds to small pieces & set aside.
- Heat ghee in frypan.
- Add carrot shreds and saute in ghee.
- Keep the flame in low and cook the carrot covered for 10 mins. (No need to add water. The moisture in the carrot is enough to get cooked in ghee)
- Stir once in a while to avoid sticking to bottom.
- Cook for another 10 mins in low flame.
- Now add thick warm milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook in low flame for another 10 mins.
- Saute well and you can see the carrot is been cooked to smooth mixture.
- Add sugar and cardamom pwd.
- Keep the flame in medium and stir.
- The sugar dissolves and starts thickening.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and saute.
- Stir continously until the mixture reaches halwa consistency and starts rolling up from the pan.
- Turn off flame.
- Add broken cashew and almond pieces.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Lipsmacking healthy delicious carrot halwa is ready.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.