SWEET PIDI KOZHUKATTAI - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Pidi KozhukattaiSweet pidi kozhukattai or inippu pidi kozhukattai is very simple to prepare yet tastes divine. It is an authentic neivedyam dish prepared for Vinayakar chaturthi. Its my favorite snack since my childhood and my mom prepares it at least once in a week for breakfast or after school snack for us. Check out this most easy recipe of pidi kozhukattai and share your views..:)
Video Recipe Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Idiyappam maavu / raw rice flour - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Coconut and cashew pieces - 2 tbsp
- Moongdal - 2 tbsp
- Jaggery powdered - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Elaichi / cardamom pwd - a pinch
- Heat ghee in frypan.
- Add coconut and cashew bits and roast to golden.
- Drain it and set aside.
- Add the Idiyappam flour / raw rice flour and roast for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take it aside.
- Now add moongdal and roast till golden.
- Add hot water and cook the moongdal.
- Once the moongdal is half cooked turn off the flame.
- Now in a pan, add the powdered jaggery.
- Add 1 cup water and heat the jaggery to syrup.
- Once its completely dissolved in water, strain and add it to moongdal.
- Stir well.
- Add rice flour little by little with constant stirring.
- Once it forms a thick dough, turn off flame.
- Add ghee, roasted coconut and cashew pieces.
- Combine well.
- Add grated coconut, cardamom pwd and stir.
- Once the dough cools, grease hands with oil and make it to small balls.
- Now take one ball and roll it to lengthwise.
- Press it gently to form impression as shown in video to pidi kozhukattai shape.
- Place the kozhukattais in greased idly plates.
- Steam cook for 10 mins.
- Lipsmacking healthy delicious Pidi kozhukattais are ready.
- Enjoy hot as tea time snack or lunch box menu.