SUNDAL / CHANA SUNDAL - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
SundalNavrathri is around the corner. Many healthy, delicious dishes are prepared during this festival days to offer as neivedyam to Lord. This Chana sundal is an easy recipe that is low in fat and oil. It makes a protein rich snack & an excellent combo with piping hot cup of chai. This appetizing dish is very healthy for kids. Try this chana fry recipe and let me know..:)
Video Recipe Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Chickpeas / kondakadalai - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Split urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Sliced onions - 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves - a few
- Cumin pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Hing / Asafetida / perungayam - a pinch
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak Chickpeas in water for overnight or minimum 6 hours.
- Drain the water and add the chickpeas to cooker.
- Add salt and enough water to it.
- Pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles or until the chickpeas are cooked soft.
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, slit green chilly and curry leaves.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add sliced onions and saute till golden.
- Add cumin pwd, hing, red chilly flakes and saute.
- Add the cooked chickpeas.
- Give a good stir so that the masala is coated well on the sundal.
- Add grated coconut and turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Lipsmacking delicious masala sundal is ready.
- Enjoy warm
- Makes a healthy tea time snack for kids and adults alike.