APPAM RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE APPAM - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Appam RecipeHere goes the ever popular dish Appam recipe from South India. Its a soft & spongy pancake with crispy delicious edges. It is prepared with rice and dal. It is very easy to prepare this healthy dish. Its our favorite breakfast menu and it makes an excellent combo with vegetable stew, coconut milk, paya or any spicy curry. Try this simple video recipe and let me know how it came out.
Video Recipe Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Par boiled or boiled rice - 1 cup
- Urad dal - 3 tbsp
- Toor dal - 1/2 tbsp
- Yellow moong dal - 1/2 tbsp
- Vendayam (fenugreek) pwd - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to drizzle
- Wash and soak raw rice, par boiled rice, toor dal and moongdal in water.
- Let it soak overnight or for minimum 6 hours
- Drain the water and add the ingredients to blender.
- Add little water and grind to smooth batter.
- Add salt and fenugreek pwd.
- Mix well and allow to ferment overnight or for 6 hours.
- You can see the batter is well raised after fermentation.
- Add enough water and mix the batter well.
- The batter consistency is very important in getting spongy appam.
- The consistency shouldn't be very thick or watery. It should be like as shown in video.
- Heat the appam pan.
- Grease it with oil.
- Once the pan is hot, simmer the flame and add 2 ladles of batter.
- Rotate in pan in circles so that the batter is spread uniformly in the edges of the pan.
- Add oil and cover the pan with lid.
- Allow to cook for 2 mins.
- Once the appam is done with crispy laces, take from pan.
- Soft n spongy appam with crisp edges is ready.
- It combines excellent with paya, spicy curry and with coconut milk.
- Enjoy hot.