Vazhaipoo Vadai / Banana Flower Vadai - Easy Video Recipe
Vazhaipoo Vadai / Banana Flower Vadai:Vadai made out of Vazhaipoo is very healthy, crunchy & delicious. This makes a perfect party snack and is one of our family's favorite tea-time snack. Vazhaipoo has many medicinal values and many dishes like vada, kootu and poriyal can be made out of it. Try this addictive snack with this easy video recipe and let me know how you liked it.
Video Recipe Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Vazhaipoo / Banana flower - 1
- Chana dal - 1 cup
- Green chilly or Red chilly - 3 to 4
- Sliced onion - 1 cup
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash & soak chana dal in water for 1 hour.
- Drain water and set it aside.
- Wash and peel the florets from the banana flower / vazhaipoo.
- Remove the stigma and petal.
- Clean the florets and keep aside.
- In a blender add green chilly, salt and cleaned florets.
- Grind coarsely in the blender.
- Add the drained chana dal and grind coarsely without adding water.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Take a small portion of the batter and pat it flat.
- Drop carefully in the hot oil.
- Let it deep fry until it turns golden and crisp on both sides.
- Drain in kitchen tissue.
- Crispy delicious Vazhaipoo Vada is ready.
- Also the same batter can be dropped in pakoras form.
- Enjoy hot with steamed rice or with hot coffee.