MURUKKU / BUTTER MURUKKU RECIPE - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Festivals are around the corner and its time to prepare healthy snacks & sweets and enjoy the festive moments in family. Its always joy to make snacks at home rather than buy storebought ones. This Butter Murukku tastes so light & crunchy with a tempting flavor of butter. This can be prepared very easily and it serves as an anytime snack or to have along while sipping hot cup of chai. Try this savory crunchy Indian snack and enjoy the smiles from your loved ones..:)
- Raw rice flour - 2 cups
- Fried gram flour - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
- Hing / asafetida / perungayam - a generous pinch
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash & soak raw rice in water for 2 hours.
- Drain water and dry completely.
- Grind it to smooth soft flour.
- Seive to remove lumps.
- Rice flour is ready.
- Now grind fried gram (pottukadalai) to smooth pwd in blender.
- Seive it to remove lumps.
- Set aside the fried gram flour.
- Now in mixing bowl, add raw rice flour, fried gram flour, sesame seeds, hing soaked in water and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Add butter and comine.
- Let the dough rest for 5 to 10 mins.
- Now grease the murukku mould with oil.
- Stuff the dough in the mould.
- Press the mould to make the murukku in circles as shown in video.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Once the oil is hot, turn the flame to medium.
- Drop the murukkus carefully.
- Deep fry the murukkus by flipping once in a while.
- Once the murukku is crisp and golden brown in colour on both sides, remove from oil.
- Drain in kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Yummy & buttery delicious homemade Murukku is ready.
- Serves as an excellent healthy tea time snack for kids & adults alike.
- It has a shelflife of about 2 to 3 weeks when stored in air tight container.