Murukku - Video Recipe / Crispy Murukku / Pepper Murukku Recipe
Crispy Pepper Murukku: Here goes the easy video recipe to make crispy crunchy delicious pepper flavored murukku recipe. This fail proof recipe is quick to prepare and makes a healthy tea time snack for kids. The taste is absolutely yummy and you just cant stop munching with one murukku. All in all, check out this winner recipe in below video.
- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Urad dal flour - 4 tbsp
- Fried gram flour - 2 tbsp
- coarse pepper pwd - 2 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Hing / perungayam / asafetida - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Oil - to deep fry
- Salt - to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add raw rice flour, urad dal flour, salt and fried gram flour ( udaithakadalai pwd)
- Mix well.
- To it add fresh & coarsely crushed pepper pwd, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, hing and mix.
- Add water little by little and knead.
- Add butter and combine.
- Sprinkle water and knead the dough to smooth soft dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth.
- Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Now mix the dough and stuff it in oil greased murukku mould.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Press the mould directly in hot oil.
- Deep fry the murukku by keeping the flame in medium hot.
- Once the murukku turns crispy and golden, drain from oil.
- Delicious homemade healthy snack with pepper flavor is ready.
- Enjoy with piping hot coffee or tea.