Tawa Pulao Recipe / How to make Mumbai Tawa Pualo at home?
Here goes the favorite Mumbai street food, Tawa Pulao recipe. Its an excellent main course recipe, which is quick and very easy to put-together. This is healthy and tastes yummy with the flavor of pav bhaji. It is prepared on the same tawa in which the street vendors prepare pav bhaji, hence the pulao got its name Tawa Pulao. Learn to make delicious tawa pulao with step by step pictures.
· Basmati rice - 1 cup
· Butter or oil -1 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Garlic -4 to 5 pods
· Onion - 1
· Capsicum - ½
· Tomato - 1 big
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Pav bhaji masala pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Cooked peas - ½ cup
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 5 mins.
2. Drain the water.
3. Cook the rice in pressure cookeror whatever way you prefer.
4. The rice must be cooked to separate grains and should not be mushy.
5. Spread the rice in a wide bowl and cool it thoroughly.
6. Make a paste of red chilly and garlic in mixie by adding enough water.
7. Cube onion, tomato, capsicum and keep ready.
8. Now melt butter in a tawa /pan.
9. Add cumin seeds and wait to splutter.
10. Add chilly garlic paste.
11. Stir good.
12. Add finely cubed onion and saute until light brown.
13. Add capsicum pieces and mix.
14. Now add sliced tomatoes.
15. Toss until the tomatoes turn mushy and cooked.
16. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt and pav bhaji masala.
17. Stir well until the masalas are incorporated good.
18. Add ½ cup of water and mix.
19. Allow to cook until the masala thickens.
20. Now add cooked rice and fluff gently.
21. Add cooked peas and combine.
22. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
23. Turn off the flame.
24. Flavorful delicious tawa pulao is ready in no time.
25. Serve hot with onion or mint raitha.