Chilly Kothu Parotta Recipe / How to make kothu Parotta?Chilly Kothu Parotta: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Today’s special recipe is a hot favorite dish of all age groups. Chilly kothu parotta, the name itself is very popular in South India and is generally made with layered paratha and spicy sauce. There are a lot of variations to prepare this yummy dish. This recipe is absolutely easy and fail proof. Lets see how to prepare this delicacy..
· Parottas or Frozen Parottas - 4 to 5
· Onion sliced - 1 cup
· Onion cubed - 1 cup
· Tomato - 2
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic -4 pods
· Green chilly -2
· Capsicum cubed - ½ cup
· Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbsp
· Spring onions chopped - ½ cup
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Tomato sauce - 2tbsp
· Kashmiri red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh lemon juice - few dropsMethod:
1. Finely chop onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, green chilly, capsicum, coriander leaves and spring onions.
2. Heat oil in a frypan.
3. Add sliced onions and fry till transculent.
4. Add ginger slices and fry.
5. Add tomato and stir good.
6. Once the tomatoes turn mushy, add tomato sauce and kashmiri red chilly pwd.
7. Mix together and cook for 2 mins and simmer the flame for few more mins.
8. Turn off the flame.
9. Allow to cool.
10. Add it to blender and grind to fine paste.
11. Slice the parotta to small pieces.
12. If you’re using frozen parotta, cook it accordingly as instructions and slice them to pieces.
13. Now, add 2 tsp of oil in a frypan.
14. Heat and add finely chopped garlic, green chilly, salt and white part of the spring onions.
15. Once the garlic turns light brown, add the cubed onions.
16. Stir in high flame and add cubed capsicums.
17. Fry well for a minute or two.
18. Now add the freshly ground masala paste. (step 10)
19. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
20. Now add the sliced parottas.
21. Mix thoroughly.
22. Let it cook covered in low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
23. Now add the in the chopped green part of the spring onions and give a quick mix.
24. Turn off flame.
25. Sprinkle few drops of lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
26. Lipsmacking good chilly kothu parotta is ready.
27. Serve hot with onion raitha.