Pepper Chicken Recipe / Chettinad Pepper Chicken / Roti Side Dish RecipesPepper Chicken: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Are you tired of plain regular chicken curries? Try this juicy flavorful lipsmacking pepper chicken with the vibrant zing of freshly cracked black pepper corns. It makes a perfect choice to go along with almost all prime dishes like roti, naan, chapathi, rice dishes etc. Enjoy this hot and simple chicken preparation.
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Yoghurt - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to tasteTo make Curry:
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Curry leaves - a twig
· Cardamom - 2
· Cinnamon -1
· Cloves - 3 to 4
· Red chilly -1
· Onions sliced - 1 cup
· Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
· Fresh pepper corns- 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd- ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
2. Marinate with yoghurt, salt, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and pepper pwd.
3. Allow to rest for 2 hours.
4. Heat oil in a frypan.
5. Add curry leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
6. Wait to splutter.
7. Add red chillies and toss.
8. Add finely sliced onions and fry till light brown.
9. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a minute.
10. Add the marinated chicken pieces.
11. Add turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, kashmiri red chilly pwd and salt.
12. Add ¼ cup of water and mix well.
13. Cover and cook till the chicken is done. ( approximately 7 to 10 mins in medium flame)
14. Simmer the flame and cook till the gravy thickens.
15. Once the curry attains desired consistency, sprinkle freshly crushed pepper pwd.
16. Sprinkle garam masala pwd and turn off the flame.
17. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice and transfer to serving plate.
18. Lipsmacking hot & delicious Pepper Chicken is ready.