Roast Chicken Recipe / How to Roast a Whole Chicken / Oven Roasted Whole Chicken
· Full chicken -1
· Pepper pwd - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
· Lemon juice - 2 to 3 tsp
· Sliced onions - ½ cup
· Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
· Garam masala pwd- ½ tsp
· Olive oil - 1 tbsp
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Unwrap the chicken and rinse the chicken under running water, discarding any fat inside.
2. Wipe the chicken inside and out with a damp cloth completely.
3. Next, tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine.
4. In a small mixing bowl, add salt, pepper pwd, red chilly pwd, lemon juice, sliced onions, ginger garlic paste, olive oil and garam masala pwd.
5. Mix well.
6. Season the marinade inside and outside of the chicken thoroughly so that it is well coated.
7. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
8. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degree celcius.
9. Place the marinated chicken on the roasting pan.
10. Season the chicken liberally with olive oil, lemon juice and the seasoning.
11. Roast it for 1 hour.
12. Baste the chicken once or twice during roasting.
13. Roast it for another 30 minutes or until the chicken achieves a golden crust on the surface.
14. Remove the chicken from the oven, cover with foil and allow it to rest for 10 to 15 mins.
15. That’s it mouth-watering chicken roast with crisp golden skin and moist inside is ready to relish.
16. Serve with mixed salad or with steamed veggies.