Schezwan Chilly Potato Recipe / Chilly Potato / Indo-Chinese Recipes
Schezwan Chilly Potato: Today’s post is a much-loved recipe of Chilly potatoes from Indo-chinese cuisine. This is very easy to make at home and one of the best combo with fried rice or noodles. In this recipe the fried crisp potatoes are cooked in a spicy & hot schezwan sauce. The deliciousness of potatoes along with sweet tangy spicy sauce tastes amazingly good. Try out the simple recipe and enjoy. (click here to view the homemade Schezwan sauce recipe)
· Potatoes - 2
· Corn flour -2 tbsp
· Oil - to deep fry
· Onions sliced - 1 cup
· Red chilly -2
· Garlic -4 pods
· Schezwan sauce -2 tbsp
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Soy sauce -1 tsp
· Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
· Vinegar - few drops
· Coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and pressure cook the potatoes until it is three-fourth done.
2. Take care the potatoes are not cooked soft.
3. Peel the skin and slice to cubes.
4. Take the potatoes in a mixing bowl.
5. Add corn flour, salt and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a frypan.
7. Once the oil is hot, add the coated potato pieces and deep fry to golden.
8. Drain in kitchen tissue.
9. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frypan.
10. Add finely sliced onions and red chilly.
11. Saute until onions turn transculent.
12. Add grated garlic.
13. Add schezwan sauce and mix well.
14. Add sugar, soy sauce, salt and tomato ketchup.
15. Add little water and stir.
16. Mix 1 tbsp of corn flour with little water and add the paste to the mixture.
17. Combine well.
18. Allow to cook till the mixture reaches thick consistency.
19. Add the fried potato cubes and toss.
20. Add few drops of vinegar or lemon juice.
21. Turn off flame.
22. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves or with spring onions.
23. Transfer to serving plate.
24. Lipsmacking hot Schezwan Chilly potato is ready.
25. Enjoy hot with fried rice, naan, paratha or with any bread of your choice.