Spicy Pepper Chicken Gravy / Chettinad Pepper Chicken / Restaurant Style Recipe
Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Turmeric pwd -a pinch
· Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt - ¼ tspTo Grind:
· Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Cinnamon - 2
· Pepper corns -1 to 2 tsp
· Cardamom - 1
· Grated coconut - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Saunf - ½ tspTo make Masala:
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Curry leaves - 5 to 6
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
· Tomato -2
· Chopped Mint and coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
2. Marinate with lemon juice, turmeric pwd, pepper pwd, red chilly pwd and salt.
3. Allow to marinate for 30 mins.
4. In a dry pan, add coriander seeds, cumin, red chilly, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom, grated coconut and saunf.
5. Dry roast in low flame for few minutes.
6. Allow to cool and grind to coarse pwd.
7. Heat oil in a wide pan.
8. Add mustard, curry leaves and wait to splutter
9. Add onion slices and saute till light brown.
10. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
11. Add mashed tomato and cook until oil separates.
12. Add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
13. Saute well.
14. Add the freshly ground spices and combine.
15. Now add the marinated chicken pieces and stir well to coat them with spices.
16. Add 1 cup of water.
17. Mix well and cover and cook for 10 mins.
18. Stir once in a while to avoid masala sticking to the bottom.
19. Simmer the flame and cook for another 5 to 7 mins or until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
20. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
21. Adjust the gravy consistency by adding ¼ cup of water.
22. Turn off the flame.
23. Lipsmacking authentic Pepper Chicken Masala is ready.
24. Serve hot with roti, paratha, chapatti, naan, rice, idly, dosa, etc.
25. We enjoyed with spicy mutton biryani.