Mutton Biryani Recipe / How to cook Spicy Mutton Biryani / Biryani Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Biryani
- Vegetable Biryani
- Spicy Chicken Biryani
- Biryani Recipes ( collection of Biryani Recipes)
· Mutton pieces - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd -1 tsp
· Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
· Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
· Salt to tasteTo Prepare Biryani:
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Bay leaf -1
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Cardamom - 1
· Cloves - 3
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Marathi moggu - 1
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 2 or 3
· Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
· Tomato - 2
· Garam masala pwd- ½ tsp
· Biryani masala pwd- 1 tsp
· Chopped coriander and mint leaves - 1 cup
· Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Wash and chop mutton to bite sized pieces.
2. Prepare a marinade with red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste and salt.
3. Add mutton pieces and mix well, so that the pieces are completely coated in the masala.
4. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
5. Now take the marinated mutton pieces in pressure pan.
6. Add ½ cup of water and cook till mutton is done. ( approx . 4 whistles in cooker and simmer the flame for 5 mins)
7. Keep aside.
8. Wash and soak basmati rice for 10 mins.
9. Drain the water and set aside.
10. Heat a thick bottomed wide pan / pressure cooker.
11. Heat ghee & oil in medium flame.
12. Add bay leaf, cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, saunf, cinnamon and Marathi moggu.
13. Saute for a minute.
14. Add sliced onions and green chilly.
15. Toss until the onions are light brown.
16. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
17. Add in tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
18. Add the cooked mutton along with the juices /masala.
19. Add garam masala pwd and biryani masala pwd.
20. Mix well.
21. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
22. Toss freshly chopped coriander and mint leaves.
23. Add 2 tbsp of yoghurt and mix.
24. Add in the drained basmati rice.
25. Mix gently so that the rice doesn’t break. (take care the water content along with mutton masala should be approximately 3 1/4 cup)
26. Cover the cooker and cook in high flame till one whistle.
27. Now turn the flame to low and allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
28. Turn off the flame.
29. Wait till the pressure goes off.
30. Open the lid and enjoy the tempting aroma of mutton biryani.
31. Fluff it gently.
32. Lipsmacking tasty Mutton Biryani is ready.
33. Serve hot with raitha and spicy curry of your choice.