Spicy Fish Fry / Pomfret Fish Fry / Meen VaruvalSpicy Fish Fry / Pomfret Fish Fry: For more Video recipes
· Pomfret fish - 2 or 3
· Tamarind - a small ball
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd -1 ½ to 2 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Fenugreek pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fryMethod:
1. Clean and wash the fish.
2. Make fine slits all over the fish.
3. Soak a small ball of tamarind in ½ cup of warm water for 20 mins.
4. Squeeze thick tamarind juice out of it.
5. Set aside.
6. Make a marinade of lemon juice, salt,turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, pepper pwd, fenugreek pwd, garam masala pwd and thick tamarind juice.
7. Add the cleaned fish pieces and coat it well with spicy masala.
8. Stuff the masala in the slits of the fish.
9. Allow to marinate overnight in the fridge or atleast for 3 to 4 hours.
10. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
11. Shallow fry the fish in low medium flame.
12. Drizzle oil to the sides.
13. Allow the fish to get cooked on both sides by flipping gently with a ladle.
14. Enjoy the delicious aroma of fried promfet filling all over your kitchen.
15. Once the fish turns crisp and dark golden brown, remove from the flame.
16. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
17. Serve hot with onion slices garnishing.
18. It tastes lipsmacking good with rice dishes, any Indian breads or as appetizer.