Potato Murukku / Aloo Chakli / Krishna Jayanthi RecipesPotato Murukku: For more Video recipes
You can check other delicious snack recipes here..!
· Potato - 1 big
· Rice flour - 1 ½ cup
· Besan flour / kadalai maavu - ½ cup
· Ajwain / omam seeds - ½ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Hing / asafetida - a generous pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Butter - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fryMethod:
1. Wash and pressure cook potato until soft.
2. Peel the skin and mash it.
3. Take it in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the rice flour and besan flour.
5. Add salt and mix well.
6. Add ajwain seeds, cumin, hing and red chilly pwd.
7. Mix well and add water little by little.
8. Knead it to soft dough.
9. Add butter and knead it to smooth, non-sticky dough.
10. Keep it covered.
11. Clean the murukku mould / press and grease with oil.
12. Heat oil in fry pan.
13. Fill the press with handful of dough.
14. Press gently in a greased plastic sheet in murukku shape.
15. Or you can directly press it in hot oil.
16. Cook in medium flame.
17. Once the bubbling ceases, flip the murukku carefully to the other side.
18. When both sides of the murukku turns golden and crispy, drain it in tissue paper.
19. Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
20. That’s it crispy delicious potato murukkus are ready.
21. Enjoy with evening hot cup of chai.
22. It stays good for 2 to 3 weeks, if we store it in air-tight container.