Kadai Chicken Recipe / Spicy Karahi Chicken / Side Dish For RotisLike us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Kadai Chicken: Here’s the perfect delicious Chicken Kadai recipe that is noted for its lipsmacking spicy taste and tempting aroma. Kadai chicken is also called as chicken karahi. It makes an excellent side dish with rice or rotis. In this recipe the marinated chicken is cooked in red gravy with freshly ground spices.
Also you'll love to check out spicy chicken recipes here..:)
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
· Pepper corns - ½ tsp
· Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cinnamon - small stick
· Cloves - 1 or 2
· Red chilly - 1
· Oil / ghee - 1 tbsp
· Onion slices - 1 ½ cup
· Green chilly -1 (optional)
· Sliced tomato -1 cup
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leavesMethod:
1. Wash and chop chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, garam masala pwd, salt and lemon juice.
3. Mix well.
4. Add chicken pieces and coat well with masala.
5. Allow to marinate overnight or minimum 2 hours.
6. In a dry pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns, fenugreek, saunf, cinnamon, cloves and red chilly.
7. Roast for a minute.
8. Allow to cool.
9. Grind it to coarse pwd in a blender.
10. Heat ghee / oil in a kadai / fry pan.
11. Add onion slices and fry till light brown.
12. Add half of the coarsely ground pwd (step 9)
13. Add curry leaves, green chilly, sliced tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are cooked soft.
14. Add the marinated chicken and combine.
15. Cover and cook in low flame for about 15 minutes. ( add ¼ cup of water if needed)
16. Stir once in a while. ( take care the masala doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan)
17. Once the chicken is done, add the remaining ground masala pwd (step 9).
18. Mix well.
19. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
20. Garnish with finely sliced ginger.
21. Lipsmacking good Kadai Chicken is ready.
22. Serve hot with tandoori roti, naan, paratha or with rice dishes.