Semiya Payasam (Kheer) / Vermicelli Pudding / Vermicelli Kheer Recipe
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Semiya Payasam: Vermicelli Kheer / Semiya Payasam is a staple Indian dessert that is very easy to prepare to go with any festive occasions. It is one of the delicious payasam recipe prepared at all South Indian homes. In this recipe the vermicelli is cooked in milk and flavored with cardamom pwd and saffron and sweetened with sugar. It tastes creamy, delicious loaded with ghee roasted nuts and raisins. Check out this quick & easy semiya payasam recipe.
· Semiya / Vermicelli - 1 cup
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cashewnuts - 6 to 7
· Raisins - 10
· Sabudana / javvarisi - 1 tbsp
· Yellow moong dal - 1 tbsp
· Thick milk - 1 ½ cups
· Cardamom pwd - a pinch
· Saffron - few strands
· Sugar - ¾ cup
· Salt - a small pinch ( to enhance the sugary taste)Method:
1. Heat ghee in a frypan.
2. Add cashews and saute till golden.
3. Add raisins and fry till golden and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add semiya and roast slightly on a medium flame.
5. Add sabudana / javvarisi and yellow moong dal.
6. Saute for a while.
7. Once the semiya turns golden, add water and cook.
8. Allow to cook in high flame for 3 to 4 mins.
9. Now add thick milk and bring it to boil.
10. Stir once in a while to avoid the semiya sticking to the bottom.
11. Bring the flame to simmer and cook till the semiya is fully cooked.
12. Now add cardamom pwd, sugar, saffron strands, small pinch of salt(optional) and continue cooking for 5 mins.
13. Turn off the flame.
14. Garnish with golden roasted cashew and raisins.
15. Serve it warm or chilled.
16. Lipsmacking healthy & delicious Vermicelli kheer is ready.