Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe / Hyderabadi Biryani / Spicy Biryani Recipes
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Hyderabadi Dum Chicken Biryani: Hyderabadi biryani is one of the heavenly dish liked by all non-veg lovers. This popular biryani recipe is most flavorful & delicious in taste. Anyone can prepare at home using this easy recipe. The basmati rice is cooked on dum along with spicy chicken masala over slow heat. Prepare it at home to make a mark of your weekend special lunch..!
- Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani
- Chettinad Dum Biryani
- Easy Pressure Cooker Biryani
- Spicy Chicken Biryani
- Muslim wedding style biryani
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Salt - ½ tspTo cook Rice:
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Cardamom - 2
· Star anise - 1
· Salt - ½ tspTo prepare Biryani:
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Bay leaf - 2
· Cloves - 4
· Cinnamon - 2
· Onions - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Mint and coriander leaves – handful
· Yoghurt - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Tomato sliced - ¼ cup
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Ghee - to grease the pan
· Saffron - soaked in 1 tbsp of water.
· Fried onions - to garnish
· Freshly sliced coriander leaves
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
2. Drain the water thoroughly.
3. Chop the chicken to desired size.
4. Add lemon juice, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt and ginger garlic paste.
5. Mix well and allow to marinate for 2 hours.To cook Rice:
6. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 10 mins.
7. In a pressure pan, boil about 4 cups of water.
8. Once the water boils, add oil, salt, cardamoms and star anise.
9. Add the rice and allow to cook in high flame.
10. Once the rice is three-fourth cooked, drain the rice immediately.
11. Set it aside.To prepare Chicken Masala:
12. In the same pan, heat oil and ghee.
13. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon.
14. Wait to splutter.
15. Add finely chopped onions and saute till transculent.
16. Add ginger garlic paste and sliced green chilly.
17. Saute for a minute.
18. Add finely chopped mint and coriander leaves.
19. Saute for few minutes.
20. Add marinated chicken, sliced tomatoes and yoghurt.
21. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked tender.
22. Add garam masala pwd and mix well.
23. Cook in high flame till the chicken masala reaches desired consistency.To prepare Biryani:
24. In a different pan, grease the bottom of the pan with ghee.
25. Spread a layer of chicken masala and add the cooked basmati rice on top of the chicken pieces.
26. Again add a layer of chicken masala.
27. Repeat the process of layering of rice and chicken masala.
28. Finally spread the rice and fried onions on the top layer.
29. Pour saffron water so that it spreads on some of the rice.
30. Cover the pan with a heavy lid.
31. Keep a bowl full of water over the lid. This helps the biryani to cook in dum and the flavors infuse together.
32. Keep the flame in low and cook for 10 mins.
33. Turn off the flame.
34. Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves and squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
35. Keep it covered for 10 mins.
36. Fluff gently. Take care not to break the rice grains.
Serve hot with raitha and spicy gravy.