NATTU KOZHI MASALA / DESI STYLE CHICKEN CURRYNattu Kozhi Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
· Nattu Kozhi/ Country Chicken - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tspTo cook chicken:
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tspTo make masala paste
· Coriander seeds - 2 to 3 tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Cumin seeds -1 tsp
· Saunf / fennel seeds - ½ tsp
· Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
· Fenugreek - ½ tsp
· Cashew -4 to 5
· Grated coconut - 2 tbspTo make Kozhi Masala
· Sesame oil - 2 tsp
· Cloves -3
· Cinnamon -1
· Bay leaf -2
· Sliced onions - 1 cup
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Mashed tomato -1 cup
· Fresh lemon juice - few drops
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
1. Wash thoroughly with water and chop the Nattu Kozhi / country chicken to desired size pieces.
2. Marinate it with turmeric pwd, salt and lemon juice.
3. Allow to marinate for1 hour.
4. Heat oil in a frypan.
5. Add marinated chicken, red chilly pwd and garam masala pwd and cook covered by sprinkling little water.
6. Cook until the chicken is done by stirring once in a while.( the nattu kozhi will take more time to cook than the broiler chicken and it absorbs all the flavors of masala while being cooked)
7. Heat oil in another frypan.
8. Add coriander seeds, red chilly, cumin seeds, saunf, fenugreek, cashew, grated coconut and poppy seeds (optional)
9. Roast until nice aroma comes in low flame.
10. Allow to cool and grind it in a blender to smooth paste by adding water little by little.
11. Heat sesame oil in the pan.
12. Add cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf.
13. Wait to splutter.
14. Add finely sliced onions and saute till golden.
15. Add ginger garlic paste and further saute for a minute.
16. Add mashed tomato and cook.
17. Add the freshly ground masala paste and stir in low medium flame.
18. Saute until the masala oozes out oil at the sides of the pan.
19. Then add cooked chicken and bring it to boil.
20. Adjust the water consistency to desired thickness of the masala.
21. Simmer the flame for 5 mins.
22. Turn off the flame.
23. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
24. Authentic delicious Nattu Kozhi Masala is ready.
25. Serve hot with idly, dosa or with rice.