Gulab Jamoon Recipe / Gulab Jamoon with Khoya / Mother's Day Special Recipes
Gulab Jamoon Dessert : For more Video recipes
Wishing a very happy Mother’s Day to all the lovely Mom’s out there..!!
Dedicating this most loved special dessert to my loving Amma.
Gulab Jamoon…just the name itself makes us go crazy right? Its one of the easiest dessert that can be prepared for almost any occasions. I tried it with store-bought Kova and it tasted amazing with rose scented syrup. We love to taste these spongy..balls with gajar halwa, vanilla ice cream or with fresh cream.
To make sugar syrup
· Sugar - 2 cups
· Water - 2 cups
· Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
· Saffron strands - a few
· Rose essence - ¼ tsp
· Khoya - 1 ½ cups
· Maida / All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
· Baking soda - a pinch
· Milk - as needed to knead the dough
To make sugar syrup:
· Take sugar in a sauce pan.
· Add water and dissolve.
· Heat the saucepan in low medium flame with continous stirring.
· Add saffron strands and cardamom pwd.
· Once the sugar syrup reaches one-string consistency, turn off flame. ( approx 3to 4 mins)
· Turn off flame.
· Add vanilla or rose essence and mix. Set is aside.
· Sugar syrup is ready for the jamoons to get soaked.
Lets see how to prepare Jamoons.
1. To start with mash the koya gently to smooth soft dough.
2. Add maida, baking pwd and sprinkle milk as required.
3. Add 1 tsp of oil and knead to firm dough.
4. Keep it covered for 5 mins.
5. Now divide the dough to small lemon sized balls.
6. Heat oil in a frypan.
7. Once the oil is hot, keep the flame in low medium and drop the balls carefully.
8. Add 6 to 8 balls at a time and deep fry till it turns dark brown on all the sides.
9. Drain in kitchen tissue.
10. Transfer the balls in the warm sugar syrup.
11. Allow to rest for 1 to 2 hours.
12. Garnish with chopped cashew, almonds and pistachios.
13. Store it in air-tight container in refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Wishing you all a very happy & joyous Mother’s Day…enjoy..:)