Crispy Vada / Healthy Snack Recipes / Tea Time Snacks:
Crispy Vada: For more Video recipes
Crispy crunchy Urad dal vada is a savory fritter-type snack that makes an excellent combo with piping hot cup of coffee or tea. The secret of crispiness of this vada lies in the batter consistency. The batter shouldn’t be tight or runny. It indeed needs some practice and advise to
· Urad dal - 1 cup
· Onion slices - ½ cup
· Green chilly - 1
· Ginger - small piece
· Chopped curry & coriander leaves - handful
· Rava / sooji - ½ tsp
· Rice flour - 1 tsp
· Oil to deep fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak urad dal in water for 30 mins.
2. Drain water completely and add it to blender.
3. Add salt, hing and grind it to coarse batter.( sprinkle very less water if needed)
4. Transfer it to mixing bowl.
5. Slice onion, green chilly and ginger.
6. Chop curry and coriander leaves to fine pieces.
7. Add it to the batter.
8. Mix well.
9. Add rava and rice flour.
10. Heat oil in the frypan.
11. Wet your hands with water, place a ball of batter, pat it flat and make a small hole in the centre.
12. Drop it carefully in hot oil.
13. Deep fry until crisp and golden.
14. Drain the vadai and store it in kitchen tissue.
15. Crispy, crunchy vadai is ready.
16. Enjoy hot with spicy sambar and chutneys.