MUTTON BIRYANI / SPICY MUTTON BIRYANI / BIRYANI RECIPES: For more Video recipes
· Mutton - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Yoghurt - ½ cup
· Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
To Prepare Biryani:
· Basmati rice - 1 ½ cup
· Ghee -2 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Cloves - 3
· Cinnamon -1 stick
· Bay leaf - 2 small
· Cardamom -2
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Onions - 2
· Green chilly - 1
· Tomato -2
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd -1/2 to 1 tsp
· Biryani masala pwd -1/2 tsp
· Chopped coriander & mint leaves - ½ cup
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean the mutton pieces.
2. Prepare a marinade of turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, lemon juice, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, salt and mix well.
3. Add the mutton pieces and coat the masala all over.
4. Allow to marinate for ½ an hour.
5. Meanwhile wash and soak basmati rice in water for 10 mins.
6. Heat a pressure pan.
7. Add the soaked basmati rice, 2 ½ cups of water and allow to cook.
8. Add ½ tsp of salt to it.
9. Cook covered until rice is ¾ th cooked.
10. In a pressure cooker, melt 2 tsps of ghee.
11. Add cumin, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom and saunf.
12. Allow to splutter.
13. Add sliced onions, green chilly and saute for 2 mins in medium flame.
14. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and biryani masala pwd.
15. Add finely chopped coriander and mint leaves.
16. Mix well and keep stirring until gravy becomes thick consistency.
17. Now add the marinated mutton, coriander pwd and ½ cup of water.
18. Mix and allow to boil.
19. Cover with lid and pressure cook for 4 whistles or till the mutton is cooked.
20. Once the pressure turns off, stir gently.
21. Check the consistency of the gravy, it should be medium thick.(else cook until the gravy thickens)
22. Now spicy mutton gravy is done to make layers of biryani with basmati rice.
23. Heat a widepan, add a tsp of oil.
24. Add a layer of mutton gravy, then a layer of cooked basmati rice.
25. Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander and mint leaves and ½ tsp of ghee.
26. Repeat the layers of remaining mutton gravy, rice and coriander leaves.
27. Top with ghee fried onions.
28. Cover the pan and allow to cook in low flame for 5 mins.
29. Turn off flame.
30. Enjoy the irresistible flavor of Mutton biryani.
31. Serve hot with raitha & spicy non-veg curry.