Cabbage Vada Recipe / Cabbage Vada / Cabbage Fritters Recipe / Easy Tea Time Snacks
Cabbage Vada: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Here is a very crispy and delicious Vada recipe that is popular in South India. This cabbage vada is easy & quick to prepare. It is made with crushed lentils and chopped cabbage, coriander leaves, onion and carrots. It makes...a lipsmacking combo with your hot cup of coffee or tea.
If you’re looking for more snack recipes, then do check:
· Chana dal /kadalai paruppu -1 cup
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Garlic - 2 pods
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Shredded cabbage - 1 cup
· Shredded carrot - ½ cup
· Onion sliced - ¼ cup
· Coriander leaves - ¼ cup
· Oil to deep fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash, rinse and soak the chana dal in enough water for 1 hour.
2. Drain the dal and add it to the blender.
3. Add red chilly, garlic, garam masala pwd, saunf, hing, salt and grind to coarse batter without adding water.
4. Transfer to bowl.
5. Chop finely cabbage, carrot, onion and coriander leaves.
6. Add to the vada batter.
7. Mix everything very well.
8. Add 1 tbsp of kadalai maavu (gram flour). This helps to bind the batter good.
9. Heat oil in a fry pan.
10. Take a small ball out of the batter and flat it to vada shape.
11. Drop it in hot oil carefully.
12. When one side of the vada is cooked, flip it over and continue frying in low medium flame.
13. Fry the cabbage vadas till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
14. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
15. Yummy Cabbage Vadas are ready.
16. Enjoy hot with mint chutney, tomato ketchup or any dip of your choice.
17. My kids love to munch it as after school snack with hot chocolate milk.