CAPSICUM MASALA - SPICY CAPSICUM CURRY
Today’s recipe is a very famous Andhra delicacy Capsicum Masala. In this recipe, the sliced green bell pepper is simmered and cooked in spicy onion-tomato based gravy prepared with simple Indian curry spices. The addition of roasted peanuts makes a delightful and palatable taste to this dish. It makes a delicious combo with..
· Capsicum / bell pepper - 3 to 4
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - 1 tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Curry leaves - a few
· Red chilly - 1
· Onion - 1
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd- 1 tsp
· Tomato - 1
· Crushed peanuts - 1 to2 tbsp
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and slice capsicum to fine cubes.
2. Heat oil in a frypan.
3. Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, hing, curry leaves and red chilly.
4. Add sliced onions and saute till it is cooked.
5. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala pwd and salt.
6. Mix well. Add sliced tomatoes.
7. Cook for a minute.
8. Add sliced capsicum and mix well with masala.
9. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. ( no need to add water for cooking capsicum)
10. Meanwhile crush roasted peanuts coarsely and keep ready.
11. Once the capsicum is cooked, add the crushed peanuts and sugar(optional)
12. Combine good.
13. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
14. Turn off flame.
15. Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves.
16. That’s it yummy capsicum masala is ready.
17. It pairs up best with roti, chapatti, phulka and even side dish with rice.