Methi Chicken Recipe / Methi Murg / How to make Methi Chicken?
Methi Chicken: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today am sharing with you an absolutely delicious recipe of Methi Murg ( chicken cooked with sundried flavorful fenugreek leaves). Its outright flavorful & lipsmacking good.
This signature North Indian dish makes an excellent combo with paratha, pulka, roti or any Indian bread. Its one of my hub’s favorite recipes which..I used to prepare frequently.
The earthy aroma of dried methi leaves blends very well with chicken and adds a lovely unique taste contrasted with the tantalizing spices in this dish.
You might also like:
· Chicken boneless - ½ kg
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Kasoori methi pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt - ½ tsp
To Make gravy:
· Grated coconut - ½ cup
· Cashew nuts - 6 to 7
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Onion - 2
· Curry leaves - 6 to 7
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Sliced tomato - ½ cup
· Sliced capsicum - ½ cup
· Kasoori methi pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Fresh coriander leaves - to garnish
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
2. Chop them into bite sized pieces.
3. Marinate the chicken with salt, lemon juice, turmeric pwd & red chilly pwd.
4. Make a paste of grated coconut, cashew nut with ½ cup of water in a blender and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan.
6. Add sliced green chilly and onion.
7. Saute till onions turn transculent.
8. Add curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
9. Saute for a minute till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste disappears.
10. Add marinated chicken and combine.
11. Stir well.
12. Simmer the flame and cook the chicken for 5 mins.
13. Now add salt, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and coriander pwd. Cook covered without adding water till the chicken absorbs all the spices and done.
14. Combine good and add cubed tomato and capsicum pieces.
15. Cover and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
16. Now add 1 cup of water to have the gravy.
17. Add the cashew onion paste.
18. Mix good.
19. Add kasuri methi pwd.
20. Cover and cook for 5 mins or till the chicken reaches the desired consistency. Sprinkle garam masala pwd.
21. Once the chicken is done, turn off the flame.
22. Sprinkle fine slices of onion and coriander leaves.
23. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
24. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle dried kasuri methi over it to enhance the flavor.
25. Lipsmacking and flavorful Methi Chicken is ready.
26. It tastes awesome with pulkas, rotis or any Indian breads.
Thanks for your valuable time & inspiring comments..:)