Carrot Rice - How to make Carrot Rice? / Lunch Box Recipes
Carrot Rice: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Looking for something, colorful, flavorful and indeed very tasty recipe for kids lunch box? Here goes a delicious rice dish made of carrots. Carrot rice has hints of sweet due to carrot and its spicy with the cinnamon flavor we used. Now, I make it.. very often and my family just loves this yummy pulao..:)
You might also like:
· Raw rice - 1 cup
· Carrots - 2 to 3
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
· Onion - 1
· Green chilly - 2
· Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
· Cinnamon pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· White pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leavesMethod:
1. Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins in water.
2. Drain the water and pressure cook along with 2 cups of water.
3. Once the pressure goes off, spread the cooked rice in a wide bowl by adding a tsp of cooking oil.
4. Wash and grate carrots to fine shreds.
5. Slice onion and keep ready.
6. Heat oil in a fry pan.
7. Add cumin and wait to crackle.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
9. Add green chilly and saute.
10. Add sliced onions and fry till it turns light brown.
11. Add cumin pwd, cinnamon pwd, salt and garam masala pwd.
12. Mix well.
13. Add grated carrots and stir fry in high flame for a minute.
14. Now simmer the flame, sprinkle white pepper pwd and lemon juice.
15. Mix well.
16. Add cooked rice and fluff gently.
17. Turn off flame.
18. Flavorful and healthy Carrot Rice is ready.
19. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
20. Serve hot with cucumber raitha, pickle or any side dish of your choice.