Navratna Korma / Mixed Veg Curry / Side dish for Roti, Naan..!
Navratan Korma: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Navratna Korma is a rich, creamy gravy, which pairs up excellent with rotis and Naans. It’s a Mughlai recipe and got its name from the nine different ingredients including paneer and nuts used in it.
Though the recipe sounds lengthy, its actually an easy dish to prepare. This korma tastes super yumm..with a mild cashew flavor, very similar to that been served at most Indian restaurants.
Try this delicious, authentic and very flavorful creamy Navratan Korma recipe and enjoy the applause from your loved ones..!
· Vegetables like carrot, peas, capsicum, cauliflower, beans, etc. - 2 cups
· Onion - 2
· Tomato -2
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Mint & coriander leaves - ½ cup
· Cashew nuts - 5 to 7
· Butter - 2 tsp
· Paneer cubes - ½ cup
· Raisins - ¼ cup
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Paprika pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
· Salt as required
1. Chop all the veggies carrot, capsicum, onion, tomato, coriander leaves ready.
2. Pressure cook carrot, potato, beans and peas for one whistle and keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frypan.
4. Add cumin seeds and wait to splutter.
5. Add sliced onions and saute till light brown.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
7. Add cashew nuts and toss good.
8. Add freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves and saute further for a minute.
9. Turn off flame and allow the mixture to cool.
10. Meanwhile heat 1 tsp of butter in pan.
11. Add the sliced paneer cubes and saute till light golden color.
12. Drain and keep aside.
13. Add raisins to the same pan and roast it to golden. Set it aside.
14. Add sliced capsicum and saute for a minute and keep aside.
15. Now add the onion mixture to the blender and mash it to smooth paste by adding little water.
16. To the same pan, add sliced cauliflower and ½ cup of hot water.
17. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
18. Now add the onion paste and mix well.
19. Add the cooked veggies and combine.
20. Add the sliced tomatoes to blender and blend it to puree.
21. Add the tomato puree to the pan and stir well.
22. Its time to add the masala spices. Add turmeric pwd, paprika pwd, kashmiri red chilly pwd, garam masala pwd, salt and coriander pwd.
23. Add ½ cup of water and cook covered for 5 mins in medium flame.
24. Mix well.
25. Add fresh cream and stir. Add the golden roasted raisins, paneer and capsicum.
26. Yupp..! Healthy & delicious Navratan Korma is ready.
27. It pairs up excellent with roti, chapatti, puri, paratha or even with rice.
28. We enjoyed this yummy korma for dinner with hot tandoori rotis.
Clik here for : more Korma recipes
Share your my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!