LAUKI THEPLA / DOODHI THEPLA - BOTTLE GOURD THEPLA RECIPE / EASY PARATHA RECIPES
Lauki Thepla: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Hello everyone, here is wholesome, tasty and filling recipe of Lauki Thepla.
This is a Gujarati speciality dish, made with grated bottle gourd ( lauki ), spices mixed along with wheat flour. Lauki thepla are very tempting as well as nutritious.
This versatile vegetable Lauki is low in fat and cholesterol yet high in dietary fibre. It contains 96% of water content. It is very much suitable for light and low-calorie diets.
Lauki Theplas would be perfect for kids lunch box or even for adults too. It is best served with yoghurt or any chutney, spicy curry or pickle.
Lets move to the delicious, easy and quick to make Lauki Thepla recipe..:)
· Lauki / doodhi / bottlegourd - 1 cup (grated)
· Wheat / Atta flour - 2 cups
· Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
· Ajwain seeds - ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Kasoori methi pwd - ½ tsp
· Yoghurt - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil / butter as required
1. Wash, chop and peel the skin of Lauki.
2. Grate Lauki to fine shreds.
3. Squeeze out the water from it and keep aside. ( don’t throw away the squeezed water. It is highly nutritious and can be used in cooking)
4. In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour and grated lauki.
5. To it add sesame seeds, salt, ajwain, turmeric pwd, coriander leaves, red chilly pwd, ginger garlic paste, amchur pwd, kasoori methi pwd, yoghurt and combine well.
6. Knead it to smooth soft dough by adding 2 tsps of oil. ( no need to add water as lauki itself lets out enough water. If needed little sprinkles of water will be fine)
7. The dough shouldn’t be watery or too stiff. The softness should be the same as chapatti dough.
8. Now divide it to equal sized balls. ( don’t allow the dough to rest, coz the lauzi lets out water on resting and the dough turns sticky)
9. Take one ball at a time. Dust it with wheat flour and roll it to thin round discs using a rolling pin.
10. Heat the girdle / tawa or pan on medium heat.
11. Once hot, put the rolled thepla on it.
12. Apply ½ tsp of oil or butter on it.
13. Wait for few seconds and flip it to other side.
14. Drizzle oil to the sides.
15. Once it turns golden brown on both sides, remove from heat.
16. Repeat it for all the theplas.
17. Healthy & tasty Lauki Theplas are ready.
18. Serve it hot as a breakfast or dinner.
20. We enjoyed Lauki Thepla with delicious Methi Chole.
Clik here for : more dinner recipes
For regular updates / Like :