Kadai Chole - Kadai Chole Recipe / Step by Step
Kadai Chole: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Kadai Chole is a very spicy, hearty and tempting curry prepared from white chickpeas. This very popular dish is prepared with a blend of selected spices. The white chana are boiled along with tea leaves tied in muslin cloth and then cooked along with choicest spices and ingredients.
We love to have this spicy chana gravy with poori and chapattis.
Here goes the authentic Kadai Chole recipe for you to try at home and enjoy..!
· Chana / chickpeas - 2 cups
· Dried tea leaves or pwd - 2 tsp
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Anadhana seeds - 2 tsp
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Chana masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Fresh mint & coriander leaves
· Few drops of lemon juice
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak chickpeas overnight or for atleast 8 hours.
2. Add the soaked chana to pressure cooker along with water.
3. In a small muslin cloth, take 2 tsp of tea leaves and tie it to small knot.
4. Add this tea bag to chana and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles or until the chana is cooked soft.
5. Once the pressure turns off, take out the tea bag.
6. Keep the cooked chana ready.
7. Heat oil in a pressure pan.
8. Add cumin seeds, anardhana seeds and wait to splutter.
9. Add finely chopped onion and saute it till transculent.
10. Add split green chilly and toss good.
11. Add ginger garlic paste and keep on stirring for one minute.
12. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, chana masala pwd, amchur pwd and salt.
13. Combine well.
14. Now add chopped tomatoes.
15. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
When the tomatoes are cooked soft add fresh mint and coriander leaves.
16. Once the masala turns thick, add the cooked chana.
17. Mix well.
18. Allow to boil for 3 to 4 mins.
19. Add garam masala pwd and stir. Add 1/2 cup of water or as required and adjust the thickness of the gravy.
20. Turn off flame.
21. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves and squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
22. Scrumptiously tasty Kadai Chole is ready.
23. Serve hot with onion rings as garnishing with rotis, chapattis, bhaturas, parathas or any type of Indian breads.Clik here for : more Spicy gravy recipes
Share your my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!