Garlic Rasam Recipe / Poondu Rasam / Easy Rasam RecipesGarlic Rasam: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Here I am with an ideal comforting recipe for this cold winter days. Garlic Rasam is a delicious soup, which is rich in flavor and has loads of medicinal benefits. Its very good for digestion, sore throat and for common cold and cough.
My mom used to prepare this frequently and we love to have it with hot rice & ...spicy potato fry as side dish.
Lets see how to make Garlic Rasam with this easy recipe..!
· Tamarind - a small ball
· Garlic - 4 to 6 pods
· Chana dal -2 tbsp
· Hing - ¼ tsp
· Curry leaves - 7 to 8
· Red chilly -2
· Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Tomato -1
· Toor dal -2 to 3 tbsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak tamarind in warm water for 10 mins.
2. Take out thick tamarind water and discard the pulp.
3. Cook dal in 1 cup of water and keep the dal water ready.
4. Heat ½ tsp of oil in a fry pan.
5. Add chana dal, hing, curry leaves, garlic, red chilly and coriander seeds.
6. Saute it for 2 minutes.
7. Turn off the flame.
8. Allow to cool.
9. And grind it in blender to coarse powder.
10. Fresh and aromatic rasam powder is ready.
11. Heat 1 tsp of oil in the same pan.
12. Add crushed garlic, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
13. Saute for a minute.
14. Add thick tamarind water and combine.
15. Add 2 cups of warm water, turmeric pwd and salt.
16. Smash tomatoes and add it to the rasam.
17. Add the dal water.
18. Mix well.
19. Allow to boil.
20. Meanwhile heat a tsp of oil in a small pan.
21. Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, red chilly, curry leaves and garlic.
22. Wait to splutter and turn off the flame.
23. Once the rasam starts boiling, simmer the flame.
24. Add 2 tsp of freshly ground rasam pwd ( step 9)
25. Stir well.
26. Finally, add the seasonings from the small frypan.
27. That’s it….wait for bubbles to appear.
28. Turn off the flame and sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
29. Enjoy the tempting aroma of garlic rasam spreading all over your home.
30. Keep the rasam covered with lid.
31. Flavorful and healthy garlic rasam is ready.
32. Serve hot with white rice or can be taken as soup.
33. It’s a good medicine to relieve digestion problems and cough.
You might also like to check :