Chilly Onion Chutney / Onion Chutney / Vengaya Chutney / Easy Chutney Recipes
Chilly Onion Chutney: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
South India is very popular for making delicious chutneys. Today, I would be posting Chilly onion chutney, which is an excellent accompaniment to breakfasts like idly, dosa, adai, appam, kichadi, upma, medu vada etc.
Also it can be used as a tasty spread for ...sandwiches. This simple and easy chutney recipe is made with onion, chana dal, garlic and red chillies.Try this simple recipe and cook a great meal for family..:)
· Onion - 2
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal- 1 tsp
· Chana dal -2 tsp
· Red chilly - 2 or 3
· Garlic -2 to 3 pods
· Curry leaves - 4 to 5
· Hing - a pinc
· Tomato - 1
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Slice onions and keep ready.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add the seasonings mustard, cumin, split urad dal, chana dal and wait to splutter.
4. Add sliced onions, red chilly, garlic and curry leaves.
5. Saute till onions turn transculent.
6. Add salt and hing.
7. Add sliced tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft and mashed in medium flame.
8. Now turn off the flame and add fresh coriander leaves.
9. Allow to cool.
10. Add the onion mixture to blender.
11. Add little water and grind to smooth paste.
12. Transfer to serving bowl. In a small pan, add mustard, cumin, red chilly and curry leaves. Allow to crackle and add it to chutney.
13. That’s it…hot n delicious onion chutney is ready.
14. It makes an ideal combo with idly, dosa, pesarattu, paratha, etc.,
15. This chutney stays good for 2 days if refrigerated.
You might also like to check other chutney recipes here..!