Punjabi Chicken Curry / Dhaba Style Chicken Curry / Classic Indian Chicken Curry Recipe / Step-by-step
Punjabi Dhaba Style Chicken Curry: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today I’ve got a simplest and tastiest Punjabi style Chicken curry recipe for you. I just love the flavor and spicy taste of punjabi cuisine. I have seen this recipe in Chawla’s Kitchen and tried it for weekend lunch along with spicy mutton biryani, it turned out delicious with authentic Punjabi dhaba style taste.
In this recipe, the chicken pieces are cooked with onion, tomato based curry with just the right amount of spiciness to it.
Try this real home-made Punjabi style Chicken masala at your home and enjoy..!
· Chicken - 300 g
· Oil - 5 to 6 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Black pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Capsicum pieces - ½ cup
· Fresh coriander leaves - handful
· Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
· Kasoori methi pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash, clean and chop chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan / kadai.
3. Add chicken pieces and shallow fry for 3 to 5 mins in high flame.
4. Drain from oil and keep the chicken pieces aside.
5. Add cumin, ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 mins.
6. Add sliced onion pieces and fry till transculent.
7. Add tomato pieces, sliced green chilly and cook for few minutes.
8. Now add salt, turmeric pwd, garam masala pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd and crushed black pepper pwd.
9. Mix well.
10. Saute for a minute.
11. Add sliced capsicum pieces, coriander leaves and give a quick stir.
12. Now add the shallow fried chicken pieces.
13. Combine well.
14. Add ¼ cup of water and cook covered in medium flame for 10 mins.
15. Once the chicken is tender and cooked well, add curd and mix.
16. Cook in simmer for 5 more mins.
17. When the chicken attains desired consistency, turn off the flame.
18. Sprinkle crushed kasoori methi and transfer to serving bowl.
19. Serve hot with biryani, roti, phulka or with any Indian breads.
You might also like: