Kollu Sundal / Horsegram Sundal / Navratri Recipes
Kollu Sundal / Horsegram Sundal: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
In my previous post, I have updated Navratri special sundal recipes. Here comes another healthy sundal variety, Kollu Sundal ( Horse gram Sundal) to offer as neivedyam for Navratri festival. It is also known by Hurule in Kannada, Kulthi in Hindi, Ulavalu in Telugu & Muthira in Malyalam.
Kollu has so many health benefits like rich in proteins, fibre content, to reduce cholesterol & unwanted fats from body, regulates digestive system and helps a lot in weight management.
It is very easy to prepare this healthy vegan snack. It also makes a filling snack when served with evening coffee.
Check out this easy recipe here...
· Kollu / Horsegram - 1 cup
· Oil - 1 to 2 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - 1tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Hing / asafetida - a generous pinch
· Curry leaves - a twig
· Coconut grated - 2 tbsp
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak horsegram / kollu for overnight or for minimum 6 hours
2. Pressure cook the kollu by adding salt and 2 cups of water for 5 to 6 whistles.
3. Wait till the pressure goes off.
4. Drain off the water. ( this nutritious water can be used for cooking purpose)
5. Heat oil in a kadai.
6. Season with mustard, cumin, split urad dal, red chilly, hing and curry leaves.
7. Add the cooked kollu and give a good stir.
8. Add freshly grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
9. Mix well.
10. Turn off flame.
11. Healthy and delicious Kollu Sundal is ready.
You might also like to check: