APPAM RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE APPAM - EASY STEPWISE RECIPE / HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
Appam: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am here with one of the best variety of South-Indian delight Appam. It is a pancake recipe made with fermented rice batter. It is a thing of beauty with lacy, crisp edges and soft spongy centre.
It makes a heavenly combo withsweetened coconut milk. Also it tastes great when mopped up with delicious South Indian gravies / curries.
Try this healthy, simple and tasty breakfast recipe at your home today and enjoy..!!
· Raw rice - 1 cup
· Boiled rice - 1 cup
· Urad dal - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Toor dal - ½ tbsp
· Moong dal - ½ tbsp
· Methi seeds - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil as needed
1. Wash and soak raw rice, boiled rice, urad dal, moong dal, toor dal and methi seeds together.
2. Allow to soak for 4 to 6 hrs. Add it to blender and grind to smooth paste by adding required water.
3. Add salt and mix well.
4. Keep and batter aside and let it ferment for 8 hrs.
5. Now add little water and mix the batter well.
6. The consistency of the batter should be free flowing and not too thick. ( the batter should be quite light than the dosa batter consistency)
7. Heat aapam pan / kadai / aapachatti in medium flame.
8. Once the pan is hot, add a ladlefull of batter.
9. Hold both handles of the pan, lift it from the fire and give a good swirl slowly, so that the batter spreads around to the edges of the pan. ( though this process is easy, it takes a little practise for the beginners to get perfect appam)
10. Drizzle a tsp of oil and cook covered with lid in medium flame.
11. Let it cook for 2 mins.
12. Allow to cook in low medium flame / simmer for few more mins until the appam is cooked spongy at the centre with crispy edges.
13. There’s no need to flip them.
14. Remove and transfer it to serving plate.
15. Spongy delicious appam is ready.
16. Serve hot with sweetened coconut milk and any spicy curry.
17. It tasted yummy with a combo of spicy chicken curry and thick coconut milk.
You might also like: