PINDI CHOLE RECIPE / SPICY CHOLE RECIPE / PINDI CHANA RECIPE
Today, I am here with a very popular North Indian dish, Pindi Chole. This chole is prepared in a traditional punjabi style cooking. This is a dry dish in which chick peas are cooked with lot of spices.
This hearty dish is absolutely easy to cook and makes for a ...wholesome meal when served with kulchas, naan, parathas and rotis.
Try out this healthy, protein packed recipe and you woud just love it..!
- Chole / chickpeas - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Tea pwd - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Green chilly - 1
- Ginger - small piece
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Chole masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Anardhana / dried pomegranate pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - few drops
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak Chana / chickpeas in water overnight or for minimum 5 to 6 hrs.
- Take the chickpeas along with the soaked water in pressure cooker. Add a tsp of tea pwd or dried tea leaves in a small white muslin cloth, tie it tight to the edge and add the tea bag to the chickpeas.
- Pressure cook till 6 to 8 whistles.
- Simmer the flame for another few minutes till the chickpeas are cooked soft & tender.
- Once the pressure goes off, drain the water and keep the cooked chickpeas in a bowl.
- Finely chop onion and tomato.
- Slit green chilly and ginger lengthwise.
- To the chickpeas add red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, salt, chole masala and dried mango pwd.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add ajwain and allow to crackle.
- Add the chole mixture.
- Give a quick stir in high flame.
- Add sliced onion, tomato, green chilly and ginger.
- Continue sauting for 2 more minutes.
- Simmer the flame sprinkle garam masala pwd and anardhana pwd.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off flame.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Take the Pindi Chole in serving bowl.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Pindi Chole tastes delicious when served hot with naans or kulchas.
Clik here for : more dinner recipes
Share your my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!