Paneer Fried Rice:
Today's post is a quick and very easy dish Paneer Fried Rice. Soft Paneer cubes with a combo of flavored spring onions makes out a lipsmacking taste and serves as an excellent one pot meal for sunday get-togethers and parties.
This indo-chinese dish can be served along with any gravy dish like Veg Manchurian, baby corn manchurian, chilly paneer etc.
- Paneer - 1 cup sliced
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Butter / ghee - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Carrot sliced - 1/2 cup
- Capsicum sliced - 1/2 cup
- Spring onions sliced - 1/2 cup
- Soya sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp
- White pepper pwd - 1 tsp
- Cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash the basmatic rice well in water and soak for 5 minutes.
- Pressure cook the rice for 1 whistle and simmer for 3 to 4 mins.
- Turn off flame and once the pressure subsides, add a tsp of oil and spread the rice over a wide plate and allow it to cool completely. Take care the rice should be individual grains and not sticky.
- Cube paneer and keep ready.
- Slice all the veggies to desired shape.
- Now heat a non-stick pan.
- Add butter or ghee / oil and heat on high flame.
- Add the sliced paneer and saute it for a minute.
- Once the paneer turns light brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- Now add 2 tsp of oil, add grated garlic, sliced onions and stir well.
- Add chopped carrot and bell pepper.
- Stir fry in high flame for few seconds.
- Now add the sliced spring onions.
- Mix well.
- Add the soya sauce and salt.
- Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked basmati rice.
- Fluff gently by keep the flame in simmer.
- Finally add white pepper pwd, roasted paneer cubes and combine.
- Turn off flame.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- Delicious and tempting Paneer fried rice is ready.
- Serve hot with raitha or any spicy curry.
- we enjoyed it with babycorn manchurian.