JAGGERY DOSA / VELLA DOSA / WHEAT JAGGERY DOSA / KRISHNA JAYANTHI RECIPES
Vella Dosa / Jaggery dosa is a traditional sweet dish prepared on special occasions. It is prepared by mixing jaggery with wheat and rice flour. It makes a healthy and filling breakfast or evening snack. Everyone with sweet tooth, especially children like it very much.
My grandma used to prepare very often and it tastes lipsmacking with a combo of..a dallop of butter.
Here is the quick and easy recipe to prepare healthy Jaggery dosa..!
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Dry ginger pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- cardamom pwd - a generous pinch
- Ghee - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cashew - 6 to 8
- Raisins - 10
- salt - a pinch
- In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour, rice flour, grated coconut, cardamom pwd, dry ginger pwd, a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Melt jaggery in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Strain the jaggery water with a strainer and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add enough water and mix it to fine batter. The batter consistency shouldn't be too thick or watery.
- Heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add cashew, raisins and roast it to golden.
- Add it to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan / dosa girdle.
- Spread a big ladle full of batter on the hot non-stick pan and drizzle a tsp of ghee around it.
- Let it cook on this for few minutes and flip it over to the other side and put 1 tsp of ghee around it.
- Wait till the dosai turns golden and crispy.
- Take off the tawa and serve hot.
- Yummy delicious Jaggery dosa is ready to enjoy..!
You might also like to check : Recipe Index