BABYCORN MANCHURIAN RECIPE / RESTAURANT STYLE MANCHURIAN RECIPE / EASY STARTER RECIPES
Babycorn Manchurian: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today's dish is a scrumptious appetizer recipe, baby corn manchurian. This is a crispy, crunchy and dry version of manchurian. Fresh baby corns are used to make this popular indo chinese dish.
In this recipe, the baby corns are marinated in spices and dipped in a batter of ...maida and corn flour and deep fried until crispy. Then it is added to the spicy gravy prepared.
Here goes the tasty recipe that would make a perfect combo with fried rice, variety rice or with any Indian breads..!
- Babycorns - 1 cup finely chopped
- Minced ginger garlic - 2 tsp
- Maida / all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Corn flour - 1/4 cup
- Coarse pepper pwd - 3/4 tsp
- Baking pwd - a pinch
- Oil - to deep fry
To Prepare Sauce / Gravy:
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Minced ginger garlic - 1 tsp
- Chopped onion - 1 cup
- Chopped tomato - 1/2 cup
- Sliced capsicum / bell pepper - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 4 tbsp
- Soya Sauce - 3 tbsp
- Chilly Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped spring onions - 1/2 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and slice babycorn to pieces.
- Add salt, 1 tsp minced ginger garlic and 1/4 tsp coarse pepper pwd.
- Mix well and allow to marinate for sometime.
- Add all purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
- To this add corn starch, 1/2 tsp black pepper pwd, baking pwd and salt.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle this over the marinated babycorn and coat them well.
- If needed sprinkle few drops of water and ensure the babycorns are coated good.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Drop the babycorn gently in hot oil.
- Deep fry in medium heat, stirring once in a while.
- Once the babycorns turn golden brown and crisp on both sides, drain them and reserve in kitchen tissue.
- Now lets start preparing flavorful gravy.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frypan.
- Add 1 tsp minced ginger garlic.
- Saute for few seconds and add the sliced onions.
- Add chopped capsicum, vinegar and stir fry on high flame.
- Take care the veggies are crunchy.
- Add tomato ketchup, soya sauce, corn flour paste and chilly sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Allow to cook for few minutes. Adjust the water consistency as you need for the gravy.
- Turn off flame.
- Colorful Manchurian gravy is ready.
- Now add the fried babycorns to the gravy and combine. ( add babycorns to the gravy just before serving the dish, else the babycorns loose their crispy texture)
- Coat all the baby corn manchurian with the gravy.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Transfer it to serving bowl.
- Enjoy hot with fried rice, noodles or even with roti.
It tasted sooper yumm with paneer fried rice.
Recipe Inspiration: Bhavna's Kitchen
You might also like to check : Recipe Index