PUNJABI CHOLE MASALA RECIPE / CHANA MASALA RECIPE / PUNJABI CHOLE / CHICK PEA GRAVY
Today, I am here with a authentic, mouth-watering, quick & easy Punjabi Chana Masala recipe. This is a very popular dish typically served with chapatti, roti & bhature.
This will taste spicy with tempting flavors and is prepared with white chickpeas.
In this recipe, the chana is boiled and simmered along with spices, condiments, ginger garlic paste, onions and...tomato puree.
Try out this Punjabi Chana masala recipe that is sure to steal your heart..!
· Channa / chole / chickpeas - 1 cup
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cardamom - 1
· Bay leaf - 2
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 3
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Tomato - 2
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Pomegranate seeds pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak channa overnight.
2. Pressure cook till soft and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan.
4. Add cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves.
5. Add cumin, onion, salt and saute till transculent.
6. Add green chilly and ginger garlic paste.
7. Saute till raw smell disappears.
8. Add tomato puree and cook until it is soft and mashed.
9. Add the spices, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, amchur pwd, pomegranate seeds pwd and mix well.
10. Add little water and combine.
11. Allow to cook for 5 mins in low medium flame.
12. Now add the cooked chickpeas.
13. Add enough water and mix well.
14. Cover and cook for 10 mins in low flame.
15. Taste and adjust salt.
16. Turn off flame.
17. Squeeze in few drops of lemon juice.
18. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
19. Yummy Punjabi style Chana masala is ready.
20. Transfer to serving bowl. Top it with tomatoes, sprinkle garam masala pwd, roasted cumin and anardana.
21. Enjoy Chole masala with hot parathas, roti, puris and phulkas.
22. Also it makes a delicious combo with south Indian specialities like idly, dosa and appam.
Clik here for : more dinner recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!