ONION BAJJI / VENGAYA BAJJI / EASY SNACKS RECIPES / ULLI BAJJI / STEP BY STEP
Vengaya Bajji: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
My today’s post is the ever popular, very tasty and aromatic snack recipe, Onion Bajji. It tastes absolutely spicy with delicious aroma of onion.
This can be prepared very easily in no time with handy ingredients. This famous street food makes an irresistible evening...snack or a hot appetizer in parties. You can also substitute onions with patotoes, cauliflower florets, paneer, cabbage, raw plantain, chillies, etc.
Try this famous street food of South India at your home today & enjoy..!
· Onions - 2
· Gram flour - 1 cup
· Rice flour - 2 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ to ¾ tsp
· Asafetida / hing - a pinch
· Cooking soda - a pinch
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
1. Peel the skin of onion and slice into thin round shapes.
2. Add gram flour and rice flour to the mixing bowl.
3. To it add red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd,hing, cooking soda and salt.
4. Add little water enough to make it a thick paste as shown in the pic.
5. Take care the batter shouldn’t be too thick or watery. It should be in the flowing consistency.
6. Heat oil in a kadai.
7. Dip the round onion slices in batter.
8. Drop it in the hot oil carefully.
9. Keep the heat on medium high flame.
10. Deep fry until the bajjis are golden brown and crisp on both sides.
11. Drain it on kitchen paper.
12. Yummilicious onion bajji is ready to serve.
13. It makes a super combo with coconut chutney, mint chutney or tomato ketchup
14. Enjoy crispy onion bajjis with your piping hot cup of evening tea..!Clik here for : more snacks recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!