OATS DOSA / INSTANT OATS DOSA / EASY DOSA RECIPES / HEALTHY BREAKFAST MENUS
Oats Dosa: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Looking for a healthy & tasty breakfast menu option from the regular idly, dosa recipes, here comes the super simple and a quick preparation of a savoury crepe, Oats Dosa.
We know Oats are loaded with protein and fibre content. It helps a lot in controlling cholesterol and weight management.
In this recipe, rice and urad dal are soaked, ground and mixed with oats and spread into crispy dosas.
Trust me, this tasty dosas makes your family crave for it every time...you prepare.
Lets see how to prepare the healthy breakfast dish..!
(for instant Oats Dosa recipe scroll down the bottom of this post)
· Instant Oats - 2 cup
· Rice - 1 cup
· Urad dal - 1 cup
· Methi / fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil as needed
1. Wash and soak rice with 1 tsp of methi seeds for overnight or at least 6 to 8 hrs.
2. One hour prior to grinding, wash and soak the urad dal in water. Soak the oats separately.
3. Now drain the water completely from both rice and urad dal. Keep the drained water for adding to the batter while grinding.
4. Add it to blender and grind to smooth batter by adding enough water.
5. The consistency of the batter should be not too thin or thick.
6. Now take the soaked oats along with the water in blender.
7. Grind it to smooth paste.
8. Add the grinded oats to the batter.
9. Add salt and mix well. ( preferably with your hands, as it will help in fermentation)
10. The consistency of the batter should be as shown in the pic.
11. Now cover the bowl and set aside for fermentation overnight or minimum 6 to 8 hrs.
12. Mix the batter well and check for free flowing consistency of the batter. If needed add ¼ cup of water and stir.
13. Heat the dosa tawa / skillet on medium high.
14. Once hot, smear the surface of the skillet with oil.
15. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread it to concentric circles.
16. Drizzle oil to the sides.
17. Cook covered for 2 minutes in medium flame.
18. Simmer the flame and cook for one more minute till the edges of the dosa turns crisp and golden.
19. Now take it off the tawa.
20. Serve hot.
For instant Oats Dosa version:
For those who are not comfortable with the huzzling process of soaking, grinding and fermenting the batter, here comes the excellent recipe that can be made quickly with very less preparatory work.
· Instant Oats - 3 cups
· Rice flour - ½ cup
· Rava / Sooji - 2 tbsp
· Wheat flour - 3 tbsp
· Chopped onions - ½ cup
· Chopped green chilly - 1
· Grated carrot - ½ cup
· Grated ginger - 1 tsp
· Coriander leaves chopped - ¼ cup
· Salt to taste
· Oil for cooking
· Take all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl.
· Add water and mix it to dosa batter consistency.
· Set it aside for 20 mins.
· Heat the dosa tawa, smear oil and pour a ladleful of batter and spread it to circles.
· Cook from both the sides.
· Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Clik here for : more breakfast recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!