PAASIPARUPPU MURUKKU - MOONGDAL MURUKKU / MOONG DAL CHAKLI / EASY SNACKS RECIPES
Moongdal Murukku: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today’s recipe is a crispy, crunchy savory snack Murukku. It is very popular in every Indian household. It can be prepared by various different methods.
Moongdal Chakli / Murukku is an easy and absolutely flavorful snack and it tastes pretty crispy and munchy. We know moong dal is rich in proteins and is good for health. I tried it out last week and the..result was delicious.
Lets see the easy recipe..!
· Moong dal - ½ cup
· Rice flour - 2 cup
· Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Ajwain - ½ tsp
· Butter - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
1. Heat a frypan.
2. Dry roast the moong dal in low flame for 3 to 5 mins or until the dal lets out nice fragrance.
3. Turn off flame and allow to cool completely.
4. Add it to blender and grind to smooth pwd.
5. Sieve the moong dal flour to ensure no lumps are found.
6. Take rice floor in a mixing bowl.
7. Add the moongdal flour to it.
8. To it add salt, sesame, cumin, ajwain, butter and mix well.
9. Add water little by little and knead it to smooth soft dough.
10. Cover and let it rest for 5 mins.
11. Grease the murukku press / mould with oil.
12. I have used thenkuzhal acchu, you can also use star acchu or acchu with 3 holes to prepare this murukku.
Stuff the dough inside the mould.
13. Heat oil in a kadai.
14. Press the murukkus on oil greased ladle or ziplock cover and keep ready.
15. Once the oil is hot enough, ( you can check this by adding a small piece of dough into the oil, if it raises immediately to the top of the oil with sizzling sound, then the oil is ready) drop the murukkus gently.
16. Deep fry until the murukkus are cooked on both sides and turns crispy and golden color.
17. Remove it from oil and drain it in kitchen towel.
18. Crispy, delicious Moongdal Murukku is ready to be enjoyed.
19. Store it in an airtight container for longer shelf-life..!
20. It can ideally be munched on with hot cup of tea and with your favorite movie to watch on..:)
Clik here for : more snacks recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!