MOONG DAL VADA / MOONG DAL FRITTERS / PAKORAS / BHAJIAS / EASY SNACKS RECIPES
Moong Dal Fritters: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Moong dal Vada is a favorite street side food in North India especially in Gujarath & Rajasthan. This is also known as pakoras, bhajias or fritters. The main ingredient of this recipe is moong dal or yellow lentil paste, which is mixed along with other spices and deep fried.
This is my first time I tried this recipe & it tasted very light and yummy with crispy outside and soft inside. This famous starter goes well with any chutneys and ketchup.
It serves as a healthy tea-time snack to munch along with your piping hot cup of evening tea.
Try this popular tasty treat Moong dal vada recipe at your home today and enjoy..!
· Split Moong dal (yellow) -1 cup
· Potato - 1
· Green chilly - 1
· Coriander leaves `- handful
· Shredded ginger - 1 tsp
· Cumin pwd - 1 tsp
· Asafetida pwd - a pinch
· Besan flour - 1 tbsp
· Oil - to deep fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak moong dal in 3 cups of water.
2. Wash and pressure cook the potato.
3. Peel off the skin and mash it. Keep aside.
4. Drain the water completely from the moong dal.
5. Grind dal coarsely in a blender, by sprinkling very less water if needed.
6. Transfer the batter to the mixing bowl.
7. Add salt and mashed potato.
8. Now add finely chopped green chilly, coriander leaves, ginger, cumin pwd, asafetida and besan flour.
9. Mix well.
10. Take care the mixture should be soft. (the batter shouldn’t be watery or too thick)
11. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
12. Once the oil is hot, drop the batter in a table spoon gently in batches.
13. Do not over crowd the oil.
14. Deep fry for 2 minutes in medium high and simmer the flame.
15. Fry until the vadas are golden brown and crispy all around.
16. Drain it in kitchen towel.
17. Moong dal vadas are ready.
18. It tastes divine with crisp outside and soft inside.
19. Enjoy hot with tomato ketchup, mint chutney or any dip of your choice.
Clik here for : more snacks recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!